Showing posts from July, 2016

Introducing Fly Assault! game

After releasing Battlecards Android game, we started working on a game concept that was invented couple of years ago. At that times, I created quick&dirty prototype for testing basic game mechanics. Also, main characters were also drawn then. But for some reason we did not continue to work on it. The working title of this game has been "Fly Attack". But after some not-so-careful thinking we decived to rename it to "Fly Assault!". At least there are not too many games with same name in Google Play. :) Game itself is very simple and easy to play: There are flies coming from top of the screen and player tries to catch them before flies get in touch to muffins in the bottom of the screen. There are couple of special "weapons" available to boost killing the files: Fly poison and Frog. Please watch attached video clip from Youtube to get understanding of this game: Fly Assault! will be available at Google Play Store in July 2016. -Jussi

Corrupted Android keystore file

Last week I ran into situation where I noticed that my Android Keystore file used for signing e.g. Battlecards game was somehow corrupted. Obviously, I had  not done any backups of my keystore file, so there was no way to fix it. So I decided to generate new keystore and compile my app again with But that was not so easy: After compilation was finished, I was not able to load new .apk to my testing device. Tablet complained that previous version of app has been signed using different key and refused to install new version. So I removed old version of Battlecards from tablet, and realized that I had to do same for all my test accounts that were created to that tablet. Only then I was able to install new version (signed with new key). After some struggling I was able to install new version generated with new keystore file and started the app. But then I noticed that all Google Play Game Services, including leaderboards, achievements, etc. were not working at all