New HW for gamedev / Lost the spark

This spring has been pretty quiet for me from gamedev point of view. There has simply been no energy and motivation to start anything new. I've done fixes for some previously released games and tried to draft one new mobile game concept, but that's all. Maybe I have lost my spark?

However, decided to upgrade my gamedev hardware last week and bought Lenovo Legion T5 gaming desktop with pretty ok display controller (RTX3060), 16GB RAM and Intel i5 CPU. This is not a true high-end computer, but the price was reasonable and the performance is enough for my use (mobile game development). 

Currently there are 500GB+1TB SSD drives working as a mass storage. Backups are taken to 4TB USB drive. 

Display is still the same old 24" HD monitor, but I am planning to buy 32" 4K display in close future. 

My previous Lenovo Legion laptop has served well for last 4+ years as my main tool for Unity development. But now it is time for it to retire and move to my daughter's use (drawing and animation purposes mainly). 

I am hoping this new gear serves at least as well as the previous one. Fingers crossed. 

-Jussi.

PS. If someone has seen my gamedev spark, please let me know! :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unity3D mirror using camera and RenderTexture

Unity3D: Convert Seconds to hh:mm:ss Format

Construct 2: if-then-elseif-else statement